Saturday, July 11, 2015

Emperor's Shadows Inquisitor Retinue



I cannot focus on one project at a time, so when the Sons of Horus were started I also started on one of the Inquisitor's and his Retinue in the Emperors Shadow Legion.

I have not named them yet but they are basically unmodified models of Inquisitor Rex and his retinue.


Basing will come later of course.  I had to het up some water to soften Rex's sword and bend it back in place so it looked proper.  I would love to cast a bunch of Rex's shields so I could arm all his terminator retinue with them (forth coming) in a few years I'm sure.



Imrik will be the Forge Lord for the Emperor's Shadow's.  I shaved off the Iron Hands symbol and will put an Inquisitor "I" there.  I had to heat up and bend his axe and servo arm into alignment as well.  For the basing I leaned him in a more forward pose so that he was striking the ground with the top of the axe head.   I will have some stone flooring raised up as if it were smashed by the blow.


Thamian is the first of two apothecaries being built.  I wanted him to have a little combat umpf so I replaced his chainsword with a power sword.  I have also decided that I will use the 32mm bases on my characters and independent characters for them to stand out more.  I bought some base extenders from a guy on ebay.  I got 50 extensions for $4 so I bought 150 base extenders.  I am not going back and rebasing but all future characters will have the base extensions.


Niamiah is the second apothecary and I again swapped out the chain sword for a power maul.  I cut off the axe head and glued the head off a chaos warrior (WHFB...I mean Age of Sigmar) and tada... a power maul conversion.



Thanks for looking and may your paint brush never be dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment